Leave No Doubt

John 18

....Judas came to the grove, guiding a detachment of soldiers and some officials from the chief priests and Pharisees. They were carrying torches, lanterns and weapons.
4Jesus, knowing all that was going to happen to him, went out and asked them, "Who is it you want?"
5"Jesus of Nazareth," they replied.
"I am he," Jesus said. (And Judas the traitor was standing there with them.) 6When Jesus said, "I am he," they drew back and fell to the ground.

There is a scene in the movie "Remember the Titans" where assistant football coach Bill Yost tells head coach Herman Boone to run up the score..."Leave no doubt," he bellows. I believe this is the reason why Jesus had the encounter with the soldiers in the grove. They came with weapons, but they drew back and fell to the ground at the sound of his voice. This was an example of our Sovereign God leaving no doubt as to who was in charge, who was winning, and who would have the final word. God wanted to show us why Jesus was about to die on the cross, and it had nothing to do with the silly soldiers and their mortal weapons. Jesus was about to demonstrate the love of God by laying down his life willingly because we were the joy set before Him. God demnostrated his love once for all, and this is His proof positive that He loves me and you. Embrace it, hold on to it, and never let it go.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Bill:

Now that school is almost over I assume we will receive more of these good little messages to lift us up throughout the week.

Thanks for this "leave no doubt" message as I need to remember that there is not doubt that my God loves me and is in control of what may happen this day.

I need not worry or fret as he will handle the problems so I should be able to love my fellow workers (even if I don't appreciate them every moment) and others he brings into my life.

Thanks,

Jonesy
Anonymous said…
Oh, Bill, this is just tremendous and it was so nice to see "Jonesy"'s comment . . we miss them both very much ...THERE IS NO DOUBT!

Popular posts from this blog

The Conviciton Myth

ALL THINGS